Everyone is at the office and I was all dressed and ready to go (boots, parka, etc.) and then talked to the boss who said that it is “liberal leave” and decided that I am not an overachiever and I am going to just work from home today.
- Currently in the midst of a work-related emotional breakdown. Just cried to my mom over the direction of my life for 30 minutes. Things are great, thanks for asking.
- Sometimes I look at my drafts folder and have no recollection of penning the thoughts therein. I also don’t know why I would’ve saved these thoughts.
- Brought a lot of work home just in case Winter Storm Dion pays us an expected visit (why are we naming storms that are dropping just a few inches of snow?). Pretty sure that because I hauled a huge satchel of file folders home I’ll have to go into work on time. Life just works like that.
- January 2013: this will be my year
- December 2013: maybe not.
I feel like I’m too pretty to be sitting on my living room floor pre-8pm on a Saturday night in pj pants with paw prints on them while wrapping Christmas presents and watching Access Hollywood :(
Made the mistake of telling the building maintenance people I’d rather be cold than hot when they came up here the other day and took a reading of air coming out of my vents at 92 degrees (seriously, w in the actual f).
Now, my thermostat keeps making weird pssssssssssssst noises and my vents are blasting cold air on my buttcrackal region (scientific name for that part of the body) and I think hypothermia is starting to settle in.
Nice knowing all of you.
Elf on the Shelf
Great! You’re doing something cutesy for your kid. I get it. But when I have every parent on my facebook feed posting pictures, I can’t help but think that maybe this is one of those things that you don’t need to share every.fucking.day. of December. So much so, that last night while laying in bed I was thinking of doing my own every day facebook picture just to see how people felt about that…
- Brew in a shoe: different bottles and cans of beer in a shoe
- Wine on the line: bottle of wine placed gingerly on any sort of line or crack
- Barf on a scarf: self explanatory
- Poop in some soup: also self explanatory and probably not very funny
- Pog on a log: except I’m pretty sure no one has pogs anymore
Thoughts for Thursday
- I’m (very likely) getting my hair all chopped off. It’s officially Little Mermaid length and while I think it looks nice and somehow is not damaged, I would like a change. Thinking of going collarbone-grazing. (That may not seem that short, but it’s a lot of inches.)
- I wish I could make appointments for things like the above and calling the doctor to have my Rx refilled (allergic to the world over here - need prescriptions to manage life, def would have died in childhood if we were living in the Middle Ages) from work without being so self-conscious about it. I know people are nosy enough to listen in and judge me for being off-task. I know this because I do it to them.
- Someone must have come to pick up someone on my street this morning at 5:30 am. They honked. Thrice. At 5:30 am. This caused me to rise - but NOT shine. =(
- My passport needs to be renewed. I have no immediate plans for international travel (though I wish I did), but I like to keep current. However, it expired two months ago, and, while I filled out all the paperwork to renew it, I just cannot get excited about getting a passport photo taken. I really wanted to do it on a day where I wake up feeling and looking like a million bucks with glowing skin and shiny hair, but I haven’t had that happen on a weekend since I decided to wait for that day. I need to just bite the bullet and do it.
- Aren’t you glad I shared my stream of consciousness with you?
- e-mail I just received. Apparently the much-used closing of Very Truly Yours for businesspeople everywhere has gone the way of the WTF, LOL, and FML.
I wish I could say that I was going to earn this distinction today - but it’s becoming increasingly unlikely.
Currently wishing I could respond to work e-mails with any of the following:
- "Are you fucking kidding me?"
- "I explained this to you FOUR TIMES ALREADY."
- "Allow me to illustrate this for your clarification using MS Paint."