A testament to my level of grossness
Sitting on the floor trying to talk myself INTO showering.
After playing 90 minutes of soccer in 90 degree heat.
+ Lunch bagel
- At the store during lunch picking up a few things to get me through the week a homeless person tried to get me to buy him some food and was not happy when I said no (he was pestering everyone which made me not want to help him) and then I was stressed as he followed me around the store
- Making approximately 0.00% progress on my big project at work
- Weird-shaped oozing arm blister as a result of a cooking accident last night (too much? sorry)
+ Soccer tonight
+ Settlements tomorrow and Friday = out-of-office work + long weekend = happy Ashley
More positives than negatives. Taking that as a victory for this week, even though it is only Wednesday.
When I hear people say things about how someone has “a beautiful soul”
Oh hi, humidity. Didn’t miss you at all.
My hair looks terrible.
This one lady in my office recently started locking her door when she leaves for the day (and putting her trashcan in the hallway so they can empty her trash).
It makes me kinda curious as to what’s going on in there. I mean, she’s a legal assistant and doesn’t really have any really ultra-sensitive documents in there, and I tend to think the cleaning people in our (very) secure building do not care about the files that are in there. I mean, I’ve left both my wallet and my cell phone sitting on my desk and they they remained in place and untouched the next day when I arrived, so why would they care about her excel spreadsheets?
Anyway, I’ve decided she’s running an illegal drug trafficking operation or something from her office.
This is a post about tortilla chips.
There’s nothing worse than getting elbow deep in some salsa or guac and having your chip break off and having to dig in to get it in a rescue effort. These chips never do that and they’re delicious. They don’t get soggy when you toss a handful into some tortilla soup. And they also come in a no-salt-added version, which is good because for some reason I always feel like tortilla chips are over-salted.
Recent purchases that I’m going to tell you about:
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara - believe the hype on this one, ladies. I am a DiorShow hater because it flaked all over my face, and I have been having a Givenchy mascara moment for a few years now (first the Effet Extension, then the Noir Couture 4-in-1, both of which are great), but this is amazing. No flaking, lots of separation and definition, and lengthening like whoa. If you’re scared get the baby size first. You won’t regret it.
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender - The claim here is that you can style your hair and this stuff makes it last longer, so of course, anything that can aid me in my quest to wash my hair (even) less often, I’m all for. I really like this stuff - it smells good and my hair looks good - but I’m not really sure whether it does all it claims or not. Jury’s still out.
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer - I’ve actually been using this stuff for probably about a year and a half. It lasts forever and I’m just now finishing up my little pot of it. I do think that I’m going to pull a switcheroo and go for the ultra-expensive Cle de Peau after this, because I would like to see what the hype is all about (my rationale for buying such an expensive concealer is that I’m putting it near my eyes). This stuff is good, but it is really creamy, so after using under the eyes, you almost need a setting powder or something (which I have to use anyway because I am a human oil slick). Anyway, this is the best concealer I’ve ever used, but I’ll report back after purchasing the Cle de Peau.
- Sam and Libby for Target Kamila sandals - These are amazing. $25, comfortable and a good basic sandal. They come in many different colors.
I decided to look through some of the outfits worn to the Billboard Music Awards this morning when I got to work (as a procrastination technique). Apparently Jenny McCarthy thinks that it is still 1999 =( :
Not even done eating yet but wanted to share this
Make these chipotle sweet potato burgers.
I did a few little variations, like adding a shitton more corn meal (that’s a loose measurement) on the outside, as well as a second pepper, some additional adobo powder, and some cayenne. They wouldn’t have even been zesty-level of spiciness otherwise, because even with my variations I thought the spice still pretty balanced.
Anyway, I’m not a vegetarian but this recipe is a winner. (I think next time I’ll throw some cheese into the mixture - I think it’d hold together better, though I didn’t have a problem with them falling apart.) I did the oven method and it worked wonderfully (flipping halfway through).
Go forth, toast them bunz, plop one of these bad boys on, and you’ll be in heaven.
I went to a Preakness party and tried to do an Irish exit, but, as only I would do, in my haste forgot my purse and had to go back inside to get it before I could leave again.
I blew my own cover.
Wearing white pants
Naturally, just sat in ketchup.
I just bought a $15 shower cap.