I want to switch jobs and be the person who comes up with street names
- Today is one of those days where I can’t look to my left because I slept weird.
- Looks like one of the Of Counsel attorneys is in today. I walked past his office and he had his feet up on his desk and was legit snoring. Tough life he has.
- I have jury duty tomorrow. I was excited last year when I got called for the first time, but I didn’t get picked, had to sit around all day because my computer died quickly and there were no outlets, the “movie room” played Monster-in-Law and College Road Trip over and over, it was summer and the rooms were filled with body odor, and then at the end of the day, I got $15. =/ Hard to get excited about that.
- When I said I needed a vacation, a day off for jury duty was not what I had in mind.
- I know I need a vacation because I felt my eyes get moist when I was looking at pictures of Budapest and Australia this morning. The idea of a solo vacay isn’t really appealing to me right now, but I should really think about it. I mean, if I don’t go solo, who am I to go with, anyway?
- I AM going to have dinner outside on the waterfront tomorrow which I am excited about.
- The end.
My skin has been breaking out for the past few days, which is a real blast. I was just sitting here and thinking of how nice it would be to just be able to start over with a fresh layer of new skin every week. Like, we’d wake up on Monday morning, peel off last week’s skin (all in one piece, naturally, because this is my fantasy and peeling stuff is fun) and be greeted with a brand new face - soft, supple, and zit (and wrinkle!) free - for the week ahead.
There’s a whole blog of a guy who just takes selfies while on the john.
I tend to keep this little space pretty lighthearted and weird, and not really getting into personal stuff very often.
But, in all seriousness, life isn’t always lighthearted (though it is always weird), as much as I’d love for it to be, and as much as I’d love to just be happy-go-lucky and full of levity, I can’t always be that way. (After the break because I am fully aware of the whininess that is about to spill forth. Sorry app people.)
• a little girl ran up behind me in the pet store and said “POOOOOOOOOOP!” and ran away
• went to dinner with my sister and watched a woman crack her baby’s knuckles. The baby was probably 5 (maybe 6?) months old. She also didn’t bring it a drink for the baby and kept putting water on her finger and in the baby’s mouth, and then when her salad came she took a tomato, chewed it up, and put it in the baby’s mouth